 Trains / 27137
Re: Anime inspired container train for Soren Roberts containers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:01:46 GMT

   That locomotive is beautiful. Have you built it in real bricks?

Not yet and probably never. If I’m ever going somewhere with a spacetrain layout I might build a copy but I doubt it would make the clearance.

   I may build something quite similar if the articulation works well- the wheel covers look like they might be a bit close to the grey center section but I’m not experience enough to know off hand.

That’s something I’m not sure about either. I know the clearance is enough for a six-wide bogie but I’m not sure about an eight-wide one. This is my only attempt at the fatter scale ;) Perhaps an eight-wider could answer that?

I purposefully made the belly simple so if it needs some more clearance it’s easy enough to trim it back half a stud each side (or a stud if neccessary)

   For a space layout, I wouldn’t even mind the overwidth body.

You spacers build big. I usually refuse to build eight-wide but when your containers are nine-wide and cars are eight-wide then six is a little too small.

   The container is nice, but seems a bit part-intensive to be buildable in quantity by many builders. At least in the Space community.

But that’s what makes it look so nice.

Tim