 Trains / 27219
Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 00:41:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:

* "Do you think Eric has overstepped his bounds by launching the save.9vtrains
website?"  - Didier Enjary
There are no "bounds" or jurisdiction as far as ILTCO is concerned. ILTCO is
made up of a collection of clubs (Eric's included), so that we can have a
central repository for train related materials (www.ILTCO.org) and a way to
easily communicate with each other (in the form of the Assembly mail list).

Do we need another train web site and discussion form when there is Lugnet and
www.ILTCO.org? I tend to think that fragmenting sub-topics dilutes the message
and lessens the appearance of solidarity of the train AFOLs.

Not that I feel like I have to justify my actions but this single issue is so
big that I thought it needed its own forum for organizing and making our case.
The site has little to do with LUGNET, we arn't going to post MOC's.  We are
trying to save what may be one of the most important productlines for the AFOL
community.  It also is not in competition with ILTCO.  It is not about
organizing the community or setting standards or releasing new products.  It's
sole purpose is attempting to save the line.

What happens to the site when the final decision has been made by LEGO?  I can't
honestly say, it hasn't even crossed my mind.  Maybe it will continue on in some
form or maybe it will just cease to exist.

I understand that all Train fans want 9v saved.  I also understand that ILTCO
would like to save 9v trains as one of its missions.  All I wanted was a site
that was completely, 100% focused on that one task.  I would like to include
everyone that has an interest in 9v trains.  If I can't do that I will be
disappointed but it won't diminish my desire to save 9v trains.

-Eric Kingsley

http://save.9vtrains.com/