 Trains / 27202
Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 17:11:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
Hi All,

As you know there haws been a change in ILTCO's contact person at LEGO and
unfortunately the "9v Announcement" was made via the Ambassadors list rather
than the normal ILTCO channel. Moving forward we hope that this issue has been
fixed.

Steve,

For what its worth the Ambassadors were not trying to step on any toes.  A
question was possed and someone specifically asked for the Ambassadors help here
on LUGNET.  I took that call for help and used my resources to get permission to
post an official statement from LEGO.  I can see why you would have liked to
have made the announcement but I think it was better to get the information out
then to wait for it to come through a specific channel.

Also let me apologize for not communicating the following information back to
the community more readily. However it is a bit complicated with Jake gone and
NDAs etc... please read on. Also I just returned from vacation (purposely away
from email) for the last 2 weeks.

No problem there.  The only thing is arn't there other ILTCO representatives
that could have posted in response to the origional announcement in your
absence?  Even a simple statement that ILTCO is actively working to try and save
the 9v line would have helped.

Overall we have been highly influential; evidence that the 9v line is still
alive today. Unfortunately today I can not disclose any more details but as time
goes on will be able to.

As you know I am also under NDA so there is no difference there.  I posted all
that I was authorized to post and nothing more.  I fully expect that if you get
authorization to release information first that you will.  Time is of utmost
importance.

One more thing, there is already a "Save 9v" web site, its called www.ITLCO.org.
We would be happy to post news items such as constructive essays on why not to
kill 9v! We can hold polls too. What the polls would test are a bit nebulous;
"Should LEGO kill 9v?" - Let's see, um NO. All kidding aside, we take all this
very seriously. How can ILTCO help?

I would be glad to work with ILTCO in saving the 9v train line.  I accept your
shot over the bow but I did not in any way mean to step on ILTCO's toes.  I want
to save the 9v Line if it is possible and I wanted a forum specifically for that
purpose and quickly.  Usually I would not act that quickly but again time is
important in this case.  I invite ILTCO to participate in discussion on
http://save.9vtrains.com/ and would even consider an affiliation.  We work
better together then as separate entities.

For what it is worth the very first link I added to the "Web Resources" section
of Save 9v Trains was to ILTCO.

I hope we can work together in this effort.

-Eric Kingsley

http://save.9vtrains.com/