 Trains / 25352
Re: WRONG Rung
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 12:21:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   I was pretty excited when TLG developed this part. I was never too happy with the rungs that had the grabbers towards the middle of the element instead of on the ends. But now I’ve changed my mind... ... So I will pass on them for now, although I might just build a dark red Bethgon with them and see how it looks overall, and bring it to Cincy for evaluation by all. Ah, the pursuit of the trivial:-)

I tend to agree in that example, though I have just swapped out some black old ones for dark red new ones on my Duchess of Sutherland (along with the addition of dark red 1x1 plates with light clips from the mini ARC Starfighter).

Where you have two or more side by side to form a longer (and in my case, vertical) railing, the new type is a big improvement as it looks like fewer brackets holding the railing on.

Jason Railton