 Trains / 25347
25346  |  25348
Subject:
WRONG Rung
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 06:46:49 GMT

I was pretty excited when TLG developed this part. I was never too happy with the rungs that had the grabbers towards the middle of the element instead of on the ends. But now I’ve changed my mind...

Here are 2 pics of the 2 elements in action:

Now, at first glance, I like what I see (not minding the fact of the difference in brown tones!) The newer rungs look more like what I think real rungs look like-- until I view them from the side:

Notice how fat and blobby they appear from this angle, and how the old style looks more delicate. I really wanted to like these newer elements and was planning on switching over to them eventually, but to my surprise, I am not preferring them over the old ones-- certainly not enough to go through all of the cost and trouble of switching out 100s of them.

So I will pass on them for now, although I might just build a dark red Bethgon with them and see how it looks overall, and bring it to Cincy for evaluation by all. Ah, the pursuit of the trivial:-)

JOHN