 Trains / 24793 (-20)
  Re: NGLTC past weekend at Greenberg Toy & Train Show

(...) Love it. (...) Love'em. (...) Love it. Reminds me of something the GMLTC did on a previous version of their layout. (...) Wretched vandals. Love it! All in all a very eye-catching layout! Good job, JT et NGLTC! JOHN (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC past weekend at Greenberg Toy & Train Show

(...) More pictures here: (URL) (taken with a lower quality camera, and a lower quality photographer!) John (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NGLTC past weekend at Greenberg Toy & Train Show

This past weekend (April 9,10) the North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) presented a layout at the Atlanta Greenberg Toy & Train show. Our layout was a 20'x25' layout including a kids play area and (URL) Rail Racers> set up. This was one our most (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ga, FTX)

  Re: squeaky 9v train motor maintenance?; dcc?

At the last GPLR GATS layout we had the same issue... I'd love to hear if anyone has isolated this issue, and the solution. SteveB (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update (DCC)

(...) This "connection" can be digital, via the DCC controller. LDCC can't currently handle such situations automatically, but it can be done via software. There are also "speed stabilised" DCC decoders available, using various methods of load (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update (DCC)

(...) Some of my steam engines have 2 train motors, 2 technic gearmotors and 3 lights in the firebox: (2 URLs) and the Pendolino has 4 train motors and uses the full 1 Amp continuously at about 8 Volts (less than full speed): (URL) Therefore it is (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update (DCC)

(...) James's current favorite: DZ 123. 1 Amp Continous, 2 Amp peak, 2 accessory outputs, series 3 decoder... (...) Not at all. The lego motors are something like .3 Amp stalled, therefore they are conservatively allowing a 1 A decoder lots of room. (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the Best Starter Train Set? LEGO 65537

(...) Did this set ever show up again following Christmas? Has anyone heard rumors that it may resurface sometime soon? I've been looking into getting a lego train set (my first), and this set always sounded like a good deal. I actually have lots of (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update (DCC)

(...) I had a look at DCC mods for Lego train motors, but people seem to have used N-gauge DCC decoders so that they can fit the decoder inside the motor casing. This may be good from a space saving point of view, but I'm not sure about the power (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FL9 MOC

(...) Great looking. Nice and wide too! (I'm a fan of larger sizes) Did you have the drawings to help you build the engine? I see from the Model Railroader diesels book that an FL9 is 59ft long and 9ft 10ins wide, so in 8-wide perhaps it could be 48 (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  FL9 MOC

Hi everybody, Just a quick note to talk about my new MOC, a FL9 locomotive. If you like, just have a look in my galery : (2 URLs) Feel free to do any comment. (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: lgauge.com update

(...) Hiya just curious...do you have the non-RCX DCC page archived somewhere, so just in case I cant go the RCX route, I have a option of following your ideas with a non-lego version? I am very curious about building a DCC system for my lego locos (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  squeaky 9v train motor maintenance?; dcc?

Hi guys, been a long time since ive posted here, but recently came out of a "forced" dark ages, and have been buying all the track that I have always wanted. I have the room to unpack all my legos, and setup a room just for em...and a train layout. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New guy in town!

Congratulations James and Amy! I knew I saving that box of Duplo for something... Robert Powell (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New guy in town!

(...) I hope thats not a Stud-on-Top! Congratulations James and Amy Tim (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  lgauge.com update

I finally got around to updating (URL) with some new train cars and structures. New items are highlighted at the top of the menu. Specific changes are: - DCC page updated to include implementing DCC with Mark Riley's LDCC for the RCX - Cylindrical (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  New guy in town!

Hi All, With James' permission (he's away form a PC for the next few days)... James and Amy Mathis is pround to announce the healthy birth of their son Liam James Mathis! He was born yesterday (Thrusday April 7th), 5lbs-13oz (~2.6kg), 19.25" (~49cm) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  MichLTC to display at Chicago House of Bricks

MichLTC is going to setup a 15'x15' train/town display at the Chicago House of Bricks. Expect to see Larry P's (URL) Super Chief Project>, Jason Spears' (URL) Hotel>, Chris Leach's (URL) red factory> and much more. Hope to see many of you there! (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.il, FTX)

  Re: Indy 500 Speedway

(...) I haven't seen a lego Kangaroo yet so it may be difficult. Steve (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Design Update (was Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.)

(...) It's funny that you posted this. I'm working on my own version of an RS-1, and I ended up using the same piece for the roof, though my roof looks to be a couple of studs wider. At the moment, Bricklink has *none* of these in Black, so I had to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact