 Trains / 24443 (-20)
  Re: Fairmont Speeder, small track powed motorcar

Quite the innovation! I had no idea this part even existed! I'd like to try my hand at it also. Thanks for sharing. SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

HEY BOB! You never told any of us about all this self doubt! I heard Frank was thinking about starting PDX LUG... ;) SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) Yup, friday night i woke up from a nightmare that included the bridge, dave's tgv, and franks coast seen there was carnage and broken pieces everywhere. i was so nervous the first time any trains went over the bridge. i was afraid the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) Way to break it out, guys! Loved the shorty: (URL) that's what the back of the company houses look like... (URL) gotta copy those. The mine looks great too. Lots of great models. Thanks for the pictures! Ed (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

Excellent work Mat. You beat me to the punch again. I had been collecting a few of those for that very reason! :) Rob "Mathew Clayson" <mathew_impact1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ICEJqA.3I9@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Fairmont Speeder, small track powed motorcar

While up in the SF Bay Area over Chrismat I got a chance to visit the Niles Canyon Railway, with the help of Zonker. They had a Fairmont Speeder and a few trailers. The RR park near me in Powey also has one, and I'd been thinking of modeling one. O (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) Yeah, it is impressive, but only fully until after I saw (URL) pic>. Really nice. Congrats to all for your maiden show! JOHN (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) lol - and Steve was giving Dan Parker grief this weekend for his email prowess, or lack thereof. A li'l case of the pot calling the kettle here, eh Steve? ;) GATS was a fun show, even though the open freight door during loading froze us. We (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Not intentionally, but now that you've mentioned it I've just remembered that they make a [LDrawPart 6081:7] For some reason I didn't even think of that! Doh! Oh well I got a pretty good deal on all those [LDrawPart 6091:7]'s. (...) I used 2x4 (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) For Lazy people like me: (URL) CLICK HERE> (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

Hi All, Here are some pix of our show last weekend at GATS. Enjoy... www.GPLR.org, click on "Gallery" in the bar along the top. SteveB PS we are still working out our club colors, logo, and general look and feel... this web site UI is just a generic (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

Snip (...) Toby does - sort of, after all he is double ended. Mind you you shouldn't be able to see the cylinders, or the wheels! Toby is the worst model by far in my opinion, its hard to do much with what is essentially box but he would have been (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) I have to agree with you. Its strange feature of Lego that often you mentally blank the seams but sometimes the placing actually gives the model more detail. Tim (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

Spencer, Very nice! The corrugated bricks are so much nicer looking when stacked with aligned seems! I really dislike the Santa Fe with the crossed seams. I was wondering if the 1/4 round roof detail was purposely done in 1 stud wide elements? I (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) I HAVE to agree with Frank, 12 V conductor rails look most realistic: (URL) are even "better" than 8-wide track for "normal" trains, because the curve radius is much more realistic :) Paul (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train. Update!

(...) I just rebuilt the trucks on these cars to give them a better look. I used the wheels from the mini-fig hand cart and skateboard. (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) When I think of 2-wides the person who pops in my head is Ross Neal- (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) 12v conductor rails look pretty nice. I've also seen grill tiles laid side by side. Frank (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Either way, this car looks great. I'd love to see it next the car from the (URL) Spider-Man's Train Rescue. 8) Mat (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Wood slat stock car

After seeing several very nice stockcar MOCs, I decided to try my hand. One of the criteria was to use a 6 x 24 train baseplate, as I have a bunch from LL grabbags. The LL Bick-A-Brick had some 1 x 4 brown tile, jumper plates and (3)finger hinges. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact