 Trains / 24288 (-10)
  Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

I'd agree with Mark that technic figs are about 1/20 scale. My metre guage stuff works out at about 1/25 and there are a bit big and my two foot guage stuff at 1/16 and they are definately a too small. Having said that, the figs on this model look (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

(...) I probably should stick to things I can understand better. But still, its a nice calculation! (...) This is one thing I pondered about too. With the way they are displayed on his table, it would seem that they were display models. Yet the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) Oooh - that's tricky. I bet viewers spend a lot of time watching to see where the trains are going to appear next! That's always good fun. Thanks! (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

(...) I had thought that technic figures were about 1:20 scale, similar to the 18-wide trains at Legoland, but as with minifigures, you can get away with a range of scales and just assume average people are a bit taller or shorter! I see there's one (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) I see you have 2 crossovers behind the scenes, one on the green track and one on the yellow. I like the way it enables you to put more tunnel portals in view of the audience. Of course turning round in a small space is essential, not something (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) Yes, he does seem to have enough parrots for it. Ewwwww! A mountain of bird poop! Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

I saw these earlier on brickshelf but couldn't find them later, until now. I finally stumbled across this again!: (URL) builder says the scale is 1 : 24 on 60mm wide track. Is that technic fig scale? Because I see some technic figs in one of the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

Do you have (...) Hi Chris, Here's a close-up picture of the lower bridge. As you can see the bridge is an illusion. I needed to keep it at table level since all the track running under the mountain is on the table. I considered a slight elevation (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about LEGO train motors

(...) I have never modified a motor for DCC. LUCNY isn't that advanvced ... yet. But I have had to fix a couple of motors. One was too far gone, while a couple of others were fixable. The problem I found was the mesh between the motor's pinion gear (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Question about LEGO train motors

What's the scoop on getting LEGO train motors to run (and keep running) smoothly? As our motors age, they tend to make grinding gear sounds. This weekend I converted 7 motors to DCC using 5 brand new motors. Some are OK and some grind away, (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact