 Trains / 24028
  spyshot of my next MOC

Hi everyone, It appears that this MOC is going to be delayed a bit longer than i thought because I'm busy with the real world (amongst other things) and bieng the attention whore that I am, I couldn't wait to post at least something. So I decided to (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: spyshot of my next MOC

Your post made go and do some Indian railway research! Indian loco type nomenclature is a bit difficult to remember, its all WDM-1a's etc (note, I'm not sure if that one really exists!) Is the gap in the red strip of the WAP-5 for lettering, I saw (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: spyshot of my next MOC

(...) SNIPPY Hiya Tim! Thanks for the compliment! Yes, the gap in the striping is for the loco name. The unit in question comes from a tech-transfer with adtranz, and the first three indigenously built locos are named. I've put a 'Navjagran' decal (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: spyshot of my next MOC

(...) I thought there was a pattern to it but didn't think of the different gauges. (...) I saw that loco. They have tidied up the external cab design considerably over the imported ones, now it just looks wrong with the rest of the body rather than (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: spyshot of my next MOC

In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote: <snip> Ah, I see you have gone public:-) (...) This is very interesting info, Samarth. I'm actually curious-- what is the actual gauge of W? The reason I ask is kind of ironic. Because the trucks on the WDM-1 (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: spyshot of my next MOC

(...) IIRC, it's 5 ft 6" or a little more. I found the page I was looking for, with reference to the guage, here it is: (URL) (...) This is interesting. I'm not good (read horrible) at math, would you mind telling me what the feet-to-stud (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)