 Trains / 23963 (-20)
  Some pics I found

I came across some pics that I never posted and thought I'd share. These first 2 were taken by Brian Williams in the summer of 2003 when he and his son visited the TCLTC clubhouse (which has since moved to a new location). Sadly for me, I never got (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) I'll have to look into that. I'm really not running the motors anywhere near their limit. The biggest single load is this train: (URL) at 1/2 speed, when the car is full of soccer balls. And, that's running off an RCX. Thanks for the info (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) Thanks for calling this to attention. A big Thanks to Thomas Rosenberg Andersen, who pointed this out to me earlier in a private mailing. He noticed that I had pictured the Dining Car part inventory on the Sky Lounge page. The (URL) Sky Lounge (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) Check the Linear Tech LT1083/4/5 series. They are pin compatible with the part that is already in the controller. LUCNY uses some of my modified controllers. You need to change; The bridge rectifer diodes to handle the chosen maximum current (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) "BAD" things won't happen, the circuit is kiddy-proof :) (the regulator IC will shut down when getting too warm) If you're a good D-I-Y person with electronics/soldering experience my mod might be for you. Requirements - Screwdriver to open up (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) Are you using the standard transformer with the controller? If so, the rating is 7VA, which will probably give about half an amp at 9V after losses. With a more powerful transformer you could get a bit more out of the controller as others have (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for train designs

(...) We'll make a trainhead out of you yet... Worked on JB! :) Rob (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) James, Happy New Year! Absolutely wonderful models!! Now if I can scrap up some gray train bases... I'll get to building them. Meanwhile, parts collection is underway. By the way, an errata for your book - Page 47 has the listing for the parts (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Looking for train designs

(...) Thanks for the idea. I took the 4563 idea and came up with this: (URL) seems to work well in my Great Ball Contraption Steve (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone made an American 4-4-0 with BBB wheels?

(...) Not to me;-) JOHN (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) OR.... You can soop it up. OR you can have someone soop it up for you:-) That is just what I did. Jeff Titchenal of the (URL) Southern Pacific LEGO Train Club> (I hope this is okay to plug your stuff, Jeff!) sells modified 3 amp transformers (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) The chip in the controller is officially rated at 1.3A, but it has a rather small heatsink and automatic thermal shut down, so it seems to go to about 1A continuous. You can push it, but it'll warm up and shut down on you, then you have to (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Transformer Power

Can anyone tell me how much current a standard train controller puts out? I want to run several standard 9v gear motors from a train controller. But, I'm not sure how many I can run, before bad things start to happen. Thanks Steve (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  8 wheeled steam train with driving rods

Mayby not as challenging as the topic title says, but at least I got your attention ;-) I like the way the lego trains were build in the blue track era, but I make no problem with using new parts as well. Having built 4 and 8 wheeled (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone made an American 4-4-0 with BBB wheels?

(...) Oh, sure I ask you about a few nit picky details and you go right for the "does it work" jugular vein. Just kidding. Actually, it doen't get run that much, so I did some preliminary testing. I ran it backwards over a point with five 8-wide (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for train designs

(...) The doors [LDrawPart 4181px1] (or (URL) 4181px1> link to peeron inventory, the LUGNET parts ref isn't working as there is no image currently) or the cab front? [LDrawPart 2924] (or (URL) 2924> ditto) The cab front is very hard to come by, it (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Looking for train designs

(...) Thanks. The 4563 looks good. I'll just have to come up with some of those pieces used for the doors. This train is part of a Great Ball Contraption module, which should show up at Brickfest later this year... Steve (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for train designs

(...) Framed 2 axle, or two independent truck, 4 axle? In either case, cribbing from the official sets is not a bad approach... 4563 for a 2 axle and 4565 for a 2 truck 4 axle. Both are on BrickShelf instruction scans I believe. Those designs are (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Looking for train designs

I don't usually read .train, but I just found myself needing to add a train to my robot. So, I'm trying to find a design for a small switchyard type engine. Can someone point me to some cool modern designs? Thanks Steve (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

(...) The newest version worked for me, some of the style elements were missing but the content seemed to be there e.g. (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact