 Trains / 23916
Re: How do I power a long track?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:59:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Patrick S. O'Donnell wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Mark Assi wrote:
Hello everybody,

I have a train track that runs around the perimeter of my son’s bedroom on a
platform that extends out from the wall.  The problem is that the train seems to
really slow down around the opposite end of the track from where the power is
connected. What do you guys do to keep a train running smoothly on those large
layouts I’ve seen you put up at shows?

I’d appreciate any advice you could give.
Thanks,
Mark

P.S. The email LUGNET keeps putting my name in these posts is bogus. I have no
idea where it is getting it, as it is not what is in my profile.  Anyway, I'll
check the forum for any responses.

Hello,

Just something I thought of that may be worth bringing up as trouble shooting
your problem would be making sure that your layout around the perimeter of your
son's room is level all around.  Sure it sounds like a power issue in the far
reaches of the loop.  Perhaps coincidently that end may be a bit higher in
elevation.

-Patrick

Good thought, Patrick. Thanks.
I didn't build the framework that the track rides on--it was in the house when I
bought it, so I didn't think to check how level it was.

Mark