 Trains / 23843 (-20)
  Re: Say What???

(...) That URL was garbled. Can you try it again? (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grade Crossing Signal Thingy...

(...) sweet. that's one of the better solutions i've seen for this. i think it was the ltc from georga that had the automated grade crossing at brickfest 2003. from what i remember it was very relyable and worked with magnents and a light sensor. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Red Track (was: Say What???)

(...) Anyone caught with prototypes outside would be caught red-handed. (...) Cute red ghost on that page. pete.w (c'mon Lego how about transparent-whatever train track) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Grade Crossing Signal Thingy...

What the heck are they called? I know the whole thing is referred to as a grade crossing, but other than crossbucks, I don't know what to call it. Anyways, I cooked this up recently: (3 URLs) It's going to be part of a larger module with a road (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Red Track (was: Say What???)

(...) Hi, I was surprised to have a so great reaction to my pictures of the 9V curved track prototype! I assure that it is not a fake. It is not painted or edited by a computer grafic program. Simple, it is a prototype! Why red? Because Lego usually (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Say What???

Thanks for the additional information, Tim. Too bad it is an just a production prototype and not an indication of something new coming from LEGO. I took my daughter to a Greenberg model train show this past weekend. I'm not and never have been into (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Say What???

(...) More info on Luca's website (URL) and scroll down a bit tim (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  GFLTC at GATS Tampa this weekend

Hi all, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club will have a layout at the Great American Trains Show (GATS) December 11-12, 2004 in Tampa, Florida. The 28ft X 16ft layout will feature two main lines of trains, a Monorail line, a large yard area, a large (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Re: Say What???

(...) u wish, i wish, but alas it's the same old radius. the part number is the same. i only wonder why it was molded in red. the only explanation i can think of is that they use red for testing new/replacement molds. ondrew (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Say What???

(...) Looks like a mock-up of a new radius curve track. Wonder where it came from and if it's new. jt (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Say What???

(URL) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Even more microscale MOCS

(...) Dude, I say if you are going to keep doing these ROCKING creations, hog away. Spotlighted, and thanks for sharing. (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Even more microscale MOCS

Hi all Don't mean to hog this newsgroup, but I thought you might want to see some more of my creations. I've really gotten into this microscale concept. Please LMKWYT. Mansion (more experimenting with the fountain, and a double staircase): (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05

(...) I note that the loco in those pictures is not cloaked in Lego parts however. That was the hardest part for me. The front is made from two "6091 - Brick, Modified 2 x 1 x 1 1/3 with Curved Top". Of course, they got "adjusted" along with some of (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05

(...) Interestingly, youre not the first to have tried this. Phillipe Label has done it too: (URL) some great work there. what did you use for the loco front? I can't make out. Samarth (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message news:I8MqI5.1qLs@lugnet.com... (...) Excellent as usual JB. Are the cars and locos top heavy? Do they have trouble in speedy turns? Have you had any traction concerns on slopes? Rob (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05

(...) Very Cute!! Good luck with your project. Ben Medinets (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05

(...) Very nice work. I'm hoping that you'll drop in on the next WAMALUG meeting and give us all a preview, (Please, please?) Rich (feeling a bit Homer Simpsonish... "New modified train plate...aaaaaaaach") (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05

(...) Holy Schneikies! That's pretty amazing. I am not sure I "approve" (smile) but I'm impressed and can hardly wait to see it in person. Spotlighted. (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05

(...) Very COOL!!! (...) John, outstanding work! That is some serious kit-bashing! You have raised the bar on micro 2 wide trains, and I have a feeling I may be on the verge of my very first modification. This has opened my eyes, I only hope I can (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact