 Trains / 22982
  The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

The Southern Pacific LEGO® Train Club (SPLTC) is pleased to announce our upcoming appearance at the 89th National Orange Show at the Orange Fairgrounds in San Bernardino, California. Our club members have busy designing and building a new layout to (...) (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak) !!

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

Can't wait to see it guys! Hope you look better then that SCLTC one... Josh (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

(...) In lugnet.trains, Josh Baakko wrote: Josh, If you have time you should come by to check out the layout and hang out. If that is allowed under current SCLTC bylaws. Paul (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

Ray Silva wrote in message ... (...) Gosh, a horse-drawn coral! Do they bring the corals up to the surface for this, or do they fit the horses with scuba gear? <g,d & r> Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

(...) Lmao I ain't one of them anymore... I have to deploy soon, i'll see about showing up, but I'm on my way to AZ for the weekend. Josh (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

Pictures from the show are up and ready for viewing. (URL) us know what you think. Ray (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.western) !!

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

I had been looking foward to these pics and they didn't disapoint. Its nice to see some new (to the net) train MOCs and there are some great wagons there. Espcially like the barrel tanks (URL) and (URL) Also interesting to see Ben's van design (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

(...) Looking at this one, the thing that popped into my head is a beer wagon full of beer. (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

Tim, Thanks for the comments! When we decided to build a layout for this theme, it did mean that a lot of new building would have to be done. Changing the terrain to tan baseplates in most areas meant not using green roadplates since they wouldn't (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

Jonathan, Thanks for the comments. If memory serves me correct, the builder of this train wagon was modeling it after a whiskey wagon that would have served the local saloons, which we had two on the layout, with the preferred beverage of the old (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.western)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

(...) Hi Ray, This is really a wonderful display. I'm a big fan of the short-lived Western theme, so it's great to see a lot of creations in this vein. My favorite individual creations include: The fire engine: (URL) old hearse waiting for the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

(...) Bruce thanks for your comments on the cattle car. I can't take full credit though. Like many MOC's, I built someone's design that i had seen on bricklink and then took it one step further. (...) Paul Thomas SPLTC (...) I will let someone else (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

Bruce, Glad to hear your comments about our latest layout. As Paul has already mentioned, some of our MOCs were built using images of similar items from the internet, as well as real items some of us found in books or remember from having seen in (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

(...) I were fortunate to be able to go over and look at this display with my family and friends. I must say it was really impressive. It later occured to me --- Wow! Everything at or near one single theme! Awesome! My 9 year old boy along with his (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

Mikael, Thanks for your comments about the layout. I do remember seeing you and your family and friends admiring the layout, not once, but twice! Maybe next time we display, you can bring out some of your 8-wide trains to show us, We'd enjoy seeing (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)