 Trains / 23035
Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:43:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ray Silva wrote:
Pictures from the show are up and ready for viewing.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85576&n=0

Let us know what you think.

Ray

Hi Ray,

This is really a wonderful display.  I'm a big fan of the short-lived Western
theme, so it's great to see a lot of creations in this vein.  My favorite
individual creations include:

The fire engine:

The old hearse waiting for the condemned man:

This cattle car design:

This water tower:

On the overall layout, I really like the depth of this valley:
and the way you varied the ground colors from tan to sand green to green (also
brown elsewhere in the layout).  Another nice detail is how you took the time to
lay brown plates across all the railroad ties.

One complaint.  This checkers game won't last very long:
The first person to move will get a king and win the game.  :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the distinction between the SPLTC and the
SCLTC?

Bruce