 Trains / 22303 (-10)
  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) I noticed in the above article there was the shameful hacking of a good LEGO connector cable. This is needless slaughter! I'm sure you guys have many 2x2 connectors just waiting to be harvested for a useful task! Inside each and every LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) IndyLUG did essentially the same thing a while back. The one problem we had was that we used the really short wires from ZNAP sets, so we ended up with non-Lego wires on the tables and these bulky connectors that needed to be concealed (I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  My first use of BBB wheels

If I understand the numbering terminology... Dave's 4-4-4 (URL) just received the wheels and kinda built this from memory. It works around the layout, but can't go too fast or falls off thru switches. Have a look and let me know what you think :) (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) a standard 9v LEGO wire underneath it. This serves 2 purposes: It allows connection of a controller to test the polarity before soldering, by setting the controller and touching the wires to the conductors you can quickly see if polarity is (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

"Lewis Valentine" <lewis@nitorco.com> wrote in message news:Hso1E0.1wJE@lugnet.com... (...) Layouts (...) the (...) [ ... snipped ... ] This would make a good topic for an ILTCO article - care to write one? ILTCO Members can submit articles by (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Posters, yes again

How dose a LEGO® club get train posters from ILTCO® without being a member? I have tried to have our club registered, but was told that we need a website and more of a train presents in our club. Well we have 4 active members and all have very (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures

I'm pretty excited about the Harry Potter sets. They are great for town, train and castle. 4753 is simply spiffy: (URL) the trains: (URL) this standard red or the new darker red? I'm hoping standard red for the train windows. And don't forget that (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures

(...) XFUT to Trains... so that a subthread can get started, to talk about the new purple TRAIN windows in the Knight Bus (along with some other parts, I'm thinking there are enough parts there now to do a very creditable Orient Express-ish train if (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Attention rtlToronto members

(...) This is one of my creations. I think the grossest over use of motors I've ever come up with. :-) The panel is used to control switch positions on our 45 degree crossover. On this layout it was buried under Altenberg. Each switch was motorized (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) I like Lewis' idea for two reasons: First, since he's only creating an extension of the normal LEGO wire system I can use standard track power connectors, thus elemenating the need for a hard wired piece of track. I know my luck and the wires (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact