 Trains / 22063 (-10)
  New MOC - DB BR39 Mikado 2-8-2

I finally got some time over Christmas to put some bricks together, something I've been meaning to do since I saw some of Ben Beneke's fabulous creations about 2 years ago. I'm fortunate that my old Lego collection contains the large red wheels from (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Shaun, that thing's huge! Lovely detailing though. For dry ice, how about fitting a pneumatic pump inside, piped through a pneumatic directional brick, to blow air up and over the dry ice. You may be able to get the fog to blow upwards. As an (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Check out LeeValley.com They are a woodworking supply store and they deal with high end goods. They have an umconditional 3 month return policy and they are great to deal with. You can order on line and browse in Canadian or US dollars. Check (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Snip. Shawn... you have done it again! I love how you always try to stick to real minifig scale and cover your MOCs with countless little details. About the dry ice: Isolating the dry ice with any material like felt or cotton should protect (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) I had not thought of that, so I went to 'froogle' and found these: (URL) sure look like the ones I have (and at a cheaper price that I paid, too!!) JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Such magnets can usually be found in any electrical component supplier. UK residents can order them from maplin.co.uk (search the A-Z listing under magnets). They come in a range of sizes - 10mm diameter by 5mm depth should be about right and (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Signing out (for a year or so)

I shall be out of the loop for a year or so as I go about some travels. So first of all a big thanks to everyone out there in the LUGNET trains community for enticing me into all of this ... and an especially big thanks to the team at BeLUG and the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice wanted

(...) Have you tried fixing the plate to the boiler and allowing a second plate with tiles on top and the wheelset on bottom to slide beneath the boiler? Chris (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) I have absolutely NO idea what their original purpose was! The store is a "surplus store", that sells odds & ends - you never really know what you're going to find there. I'm going to pick up several dozen of them this week (for someone who (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) I'm confused here by the referents in your sentence. I thought the canopy/nose from the TT set was the metroliner canopy/nose but in grey (it was also used in white in an aquazone set)... the fireboat canopy/windshield looks to me like the one (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact