 Trains / 21058 (-20)
  leJOS & LDCC IRP

Brian B. Alano wrote: I'm writing a leJOS package to support the LDCC IR Protocol. I've been testing it against Full Throttle. It works fine with the speed controls, but doesn't even seem to see packets for the function commands, stop, or power (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & BricxCC news

(...) Yes, it would be nice, plus the two or three unused sensors... I'm happy enough with the LDCC firmware as a DCC encoder (pleased as punch, really). But it "would be nice" if it were implemented as a library or patch to an existing brick OS (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: BeLUG First Show EVER

(...) Please use the MOCpages links and take the trouble to vote and/or review if you have the time …I’ll be adding captions at a later time … Day 1 (URL) Day 1 continued (URL) (...) The Day 1 gallery is now available too .... SteveH (BeLUG) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Thanks for further describing this aspect of the rendering. I had not noticed that! You've got better eyes than I do. (...) Gasp! Thanks for looking at the poster with a critical eye. And, no, you weren't (especially) strange the other day-- (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) Trock Trick! :-) (...) I agree wholeheartedly. I would never leave LEGO track outside at the mercy of the elements, which is why I'm going to utilize G scale track which can and is designed to do. And BTW, I'd never heard of connecting dual (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The royal train website?

(...) over bricks are held in place with styrene tube the same diameter as a Lego stud. I use this technique frequently as the tube is so inexpensive (available at any well-stocked hobby shop) and opens up so many possibilities. My favorite use is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

(...) <snip lots of great links> Brian, Thanks for posting about some of your recent creations. All so good! Love that large-scale display. Particularly favour the truck design on this bi-level car: (URL) for the descriptions and highlights. Awesome (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

Frank, It's so wonderful to be remembered. Yes I'm still around... although the Royal Train website hasn't been updated in a long time. In 2002 I decided to devote my (very) limited Lego time to getting the Northern Illinois Lego Train club up and (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

I've been wondering that as well. Brian's layout is an excellent blend of castle and train. This picture: (URL) simply stunning. But it is not for purists! Custom labels are used throughout. (Gasp!) Bryan "Frank Buiting" <felsir@chello.nl> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Hi John, It took me a while to realise what you meant with the comment on the Eurostar, but I took a closer look and now I see what you mean. I think the distortion comes from using a extreme wide lens for this picture. This gives it a great (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  BeLUG First Show EVER

BeLUG Ingelmunster photos. This was the first show by the new BeLUG and it was really a prep show for LegoWorld2003 later in October. It tool place at a Hobbies Fair in a small town called Ingelmunster in Flanders (Belgium) over the weekend of 5th (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) Even on British trains (more so on American), the wheels are less visible than with 6-wide Lego trains due to the vehicles being wider than the track. For some of the engines I haven't been able to put the wheels where they should be due to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  The royal train website?

Does anyone know what happened to Brian Williams' excellent Royal Train site? ((URL) ) The last update was january 2001 and I'm really curious what the complete layout looks like. -Frank (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Wow that a cool poster! Makes me want to finish my MOC of a high speed train... only have one car right now:( Build on... Robin W (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) Thanks, James... And it's really cool how the new engine shed matches my RobRail livery... I hope to add more trains to my fleet soon. Robin W (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) James, Thanks and you can bet we will have something cool on display! This is just a test display for me, I plan on building something bigger and better each time. BTW KK Quah gets the display in October, so that means I get the display back (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Brian, Thanks, KK Quah and I plan on having monthly LIC displays over the next few years... Maybe you’ll make it down sometime, you never know. Robin W (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) Yes, give me some time... I am working on a RobRail web site with all of my trains. Robin W GFLTC/GFLUG (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: Kudos to the work of James and Jeroen! This train poster is again a masterpiece of your work. I am just trying to improve my knowledge on POV-ray these days - even the more I admire your brilliant works! With (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) It almost looks like some lens effect to me... but indeed it looks a bit odd. But otherwise awesome work again by both James and Jeroen! (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact