 Trains / 20223 (-20)
  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

(...) The style of the crossing is clearly that of the "World City" line, where as the style of the Engine shed isn't. In recent years it seems that there are two train line stylings; the normal product line (NPL) and LEGO Direct (LD) line. The NPL (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-wide mania continued......

(...) the shovels. Looks like you achieved a slight overhanging lip at the edge of the shovels beyond the sidewall of the car. (...) Nothing like real bricks to showcase the design, style, and physical "feel" of a construction. I think Ben's (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Top 10 List involving Monorail

(...) Oups... Brad Justus, not Rufus... ;-) Terry (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Top 10 List involving Monorail

(...) Wow. This is selfish! I too am spending many hundreds of $ for my monorail sets, but I still hopw LEGO will come out with a monorail equivalent someday because I really like the products. I totally understand your despair of eventually see the (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Top 10 List involving Monorail

(...) I know, I'm not selling (maybe a few stray pieces here and there), but I think I'll stop buying soon. I just like to think that when I ever indure hard times, I have something to fall back on. Of course, monorail would be about the last thing (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tram of Strasbourg on video

(...) Marc, The Tram look great - you did a wonderful job. Bob (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

(...) I don't know about the design of the set itself, but I LOVE the new computer tiles. I hope those show up in more places, and cheaply too. That 2x2 tile looks much better as a flat panel monitor than any of the other stuff that's been used as a (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:HFpCF8.170I@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) at (...) [ ... snipped ... ] From what I understand, it is a Shop at Home exclusive and will be available sometime in Q3. I don't (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Tram of Strasbourg on video

Here You can download a little video of the Tram in action. (URL) tram is motorized with 2 motors with a 9V smallbox. (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

What makes you conclude the target markets for the Train Shed and the new level crossing are different? Is it the style of the sets? The parts selected? To me it looks like Lego Direct is trying to produce an affordable Train accessory set. Bryan (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

After looking at the pictures, I can say that I wont be buying one, mainly because there isnt anything in it that I have a use for (except mabie some of the printed computer parts) As to why it is what it is: 1.Limits on just what pieces Lego Direct (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

At least it looks better than the World City train station and crane sets... My wife asked me if there were any new sets that I would like for my birthday. So I took another good at the new train station and crane set. I came to the conclusion that (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

(...) Wow, there's got to be maybe eight usable elements in that set... I'll wait to find it on clearance at 75% off. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

Hello LEGO® train fans! The ILTCO is pleased to announce some exciting news, as part of our growing partnership with The LEGO Company. LEGO has supplied the ILTCO with detailed photos of the new 10028 Level Crossing. The ILTCO is pleased to be able (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Top 10 List involving Monorail

(...) So it sounds like you're still building your monorail collection. Just think of how much moolah you'd save next year if they re-released a compatible monorail set. How soon were you planning to take advantage of that resale value anyway? My (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Top 10 List involving Monorail

(...) Yeah, momorail is funny :). Anyway, the only thing they need to design is the track wheel. All other parts thy have, a 9V motor, a battery box, and technick gears. They'd have to make 1 part that is a regular technik gear, with attached the (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) Not all (yet) just the mountain area and coastal cliffs. (...) I confess the doors are sprayed in chrome paint (forgive me!)... though the observation car doesn't have side doors itself which is handy! I've considered applying modelling chrome (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) Those chrome parts are all Lego .. Also, the (...) some part of my layout goes thru mountains made like this .. not the lowland stuff (yet!) (...) Oops EMFs then? But the coaches are defo Budd Heavyweights ... correct? (...) Thanks a lot ... (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) That observation car is absoulutely amazing. Lionel a Lego, eh? Also, the setting is quite stunning. Do you have an entire layout like that for Lego, or did you put Lego track where you had O-gauge track? As for critiques though, I'd have to (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-wide mania continued......

(...) than I expected after reading James' idea. Hope to see these in action really soon! (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact