 Trains / 19840
    PNLTC Layout —Steven Barile
   Hi All, Here are 49 pictures of the recent (4-17 thru 4-19) train layout we we showed at the OR Convention Center. (URL) some high lights 25' x 22.5' "L" shaped layout, 256.25 sqr ft Perhaps the largest AFOL minifig scale building ~8'x~3' We raise (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains) !

        Re: PNLTC Layout —Peter Young
     Impressive. Is there any more details on the cream building with blue windows? The round section looks fantastic! Thanks, Peter Young. "steve barile" <sebarile@sstanamera.com> wrote in message news:HDq8t4.1tMM@lugnet.com... (...) etc. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: PNLTC Layout —John Neal
     (...) Great show guys! I would like to have been able to be there to see it first hand! Kudos to Jerem for the Convention Center! Tasty building:-) So many things to comment on-- what with the way digital cameras butcher the color blue, people (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: PNLTC Layout —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) seaside village (with 12V train in mountain... that's gotta be Frank's handiwork!!). I see Frank snuck some Pirate ships in. Nice trees on that mountain, gonna have to crib some of that thinking for mine. Who did that mountain? I think the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: PNLTC Layout —Frank Filz
     (...) Just to clarify things, the huge building is a model of the Oregon Convention Center, the venue for the show. They were celebrating the opening of an expansion that doubled the size (the new section is the half with the "tiara" as opposed to (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: PNLTC Layout —Steve Barile
      Just to be really clear Jeremy Rear built the OR Convention Center all by himself! A couple of us offered some critiques here and there during the design phase, but that was a solo effort! To expand on Frank's comment, it took four of us to come up (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: PNLTC Layout —Adrian Drake
     (...) That building is absolutely beautiful. I love the curves of the two parts at the end, and the glass towers look really cool. Adrian -- (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: PNLTC Layout —Brian Stokes
     Very, very impressive PNLTC! Brian Stokes SCLTC (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: PNLTC Layout —Tim Strutt
   (...) That large building is very impressive, especially the rounded section. And that seaside cliff is tremendous too. Lots of wonderful things to see - too many to comment on them all. Just one question, why did you use roadplates under the rails (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: PNLTC Layout —Steve Barile
   We used roadplates under the rails in the town because the light rail system that runs through and around Portland does run down the streets in some areas. We tried to model the Convnetion Center scene as closely as possible and the MAX line runs (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)