 Trains / 19693 (-10)
  Re: 12v motor in 9v trains - how?

(...) Hi Mike, it took maybe 3 hours to convert the first motor. Then I did 2 at a time and needed less than 2 hours to convert 2 motors. An that included all works: making the connecting bushes, opening the housing, drill the needed holes etc. That (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: questions about swapping rubber bands

(...) Hi Cary, that sounds not to good... :-( (...) I always swapped all 4 rubber bands (at maybe 33% of all my motors - especially those that have not too much ballast but shall pull longer trains). (...) Only on 9V nowadays. In the past a few (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures from RichLUG Train Show: 3/22-33

On March 22-23, RichLUG participated in the annual Wings ‘n’ Rails Show at the Aviation Museum of Virginia ((URL) here in Richmond, VA. Here’s a link to a folder in our BrickShelf gallery that contains some pictures I took with an elderly 35 mm (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.town)

  questions about swapping rubber bands

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes: ... (...) Last night I finally got around to filing down a few of my many defective wheel sets and successfully got a single Santa Fe engine (for the first time) to pull five stock Santa Fe cars around (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v motor in 9v trains - how?

Apart from the concern of running the motor built for 9v at 12v Ben's method requires breaking open the casing, building the 4 contact bushes and fitting them and connecting them internally. He also says "putting things together might be a bit (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ludmilla BR 232 diesel engine from DB Cargo originally manufactored in russia for GDR

In lugnet.trains, Dirk Meier writes: Hi Dirk! Thanks for sharing the pictures and some info on the prototype here and at 1000steine.de! To be honest, I do not like this creation of yours that much as I did with past designs.... That is basically (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v motor in 9v trains - how?

(...) Hi all! Before anybody trys to convert his 9V train motors, I have to jump in and warn that these 9V motors are really to weak to "pull a fish from a plate" (as we say here). If one exchanges the rubber bands of the wheels against the rubber (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ludmilla BR 232 diesel engine from DB Cargo originally manufactored in russia for GDR

I noticed the pictures on brickshelf a few days ago and recoqnised it immidiately; you have got the (special) design of it very well. I think that this one is hardly possible to build 8 (or less) wide, so this makes it reasonable to make it 10 wide, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V and 9V on same track footprint

As you say this is hardly possible. We did that in 2001 (www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/ - under galleries you will find the Baltic Train Event), and found it hard (impossible) with curved rails. We used straight rail for a "border" station between the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ludmilla BR 232 diesel engine from DB Cargo originally manufactored in russia for GDR

While I can't say I like those particular diesels, you definitely got the look of them down. The SNOT work on the model as well is awesome and the way you modeled the roof especially is really sweet. I look forward to seeing pics of it with the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact