 Trains / 19684
Re: Ludmilla BR 232 diesel engine from DB Cargo originally manufactored in russia for GDR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:10:10 GMT

While I can't say I like those particular diesels, you definitely got the
look of them down.  The SNOT work on the model as well is awesome and the
way you modeled the roof especially is really sweet.  I look forward to
seeing pics of it with the stuff for the motors!

-Stefan-

In lugnet.trains, Dirk Meier writes:
Hi again!

After nearly finishing the complete renewing (decorating is not the right
word here ;-)) of my dining room I found some time for modelling a new MOC.

This BR 232 from the german railway (Deutsche Bahn) was formerly used in the
GDR. It was build in russia.
And in the mid of the 70ies it was sold to the easter part of germany.

After the reunion many of these engines got new diesel engines and they are
still in use. I really like this typical ugly 70ies design.

And I had a try to make a train MOC 10 wide! It is about 62 bricks long!
There are still some parts missing. The wheels will get some stuff around
for modelling the springs and brakes. Not finished yet ;-)

Look here for pictures:
http://www.ozbricks.net/rollingbricks/br232_01.jpg
http://www.ozbricks.net/rollingbricks/br232_02.jpg
http://www.ozbricks.net/rollingbricks/br232_03.jpg