 Trains / 19658
Re: 0-4-0 Switcher
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:42:40 GMT

I posted a quick CAD pic to my gallery to show what I'm saying.  They should
look about the right size on your model.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/Trains/Miscellany/steps.jpg

For the "prototype", look at the pilot in this pic:
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/sullis3/Trains/040Switcher/switcher05.jpg

The steps are actually on those little struts, but the pilot on your steamer
is already down to the railhead, so it should work to give the right visual.

Hope that helps!

-Stefan--"My 5th post as a full Lugnet member!  Yay!"-G.

In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan writes:
In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia writes:
As always, awesome engine Shaun!  The Boiler design especially, is nice with
all the different angles, surfaces, curves, SNOT, etc.

I think it needs steps on the pilot though, doesn't it?  Especially since
it's  a yard switcher.  Just put those 1x2 half-panel thingies where you
have the studios tiles (nice use of those, BTW), leaving a regular tile in
between the two half-panels.

Regardless, neat steamer!

-Stefan-

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the feedback!  I'm having trouble picturing what you're saying about
the steps though ... do you have a picture (either LEGO or real-life) of what
you're thinking about that I can check out?

Thanks again!
-s