 Trains / 19587
Re: 0-4-0 Switcher
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 04:13:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan writes:

It's a model of a Pennsylvania Railroad Class A5 0-4-0 Switcher with slopeback
tender.  In grabbing that information, I found that it was also referred to as
a "Yard Goat".  I *love* that name!

Ya, yard goats are almost as cute as Critters. This switcher (or one very
like it) is extremely well known among old time model railroaders because
there were so many copies of an HO model of it sold in the 40s, 50s and 60s...

You've captured the spirit nicely, and the waving of the arms in the drive
rods area is to be understood. My only criticism would be the use of spoked
wheels on the tender... the prototype used much more conventional trucks
with frames and outside bearings.

Very nice work.