 Trains / 19146
Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:32:23 GMT

great model! orange has always been one of my favorite LEGO colors and it looks
fantastic on your model.

one question: where oh where did you get that black train window? it looks like
the santa fe window in black; peeron has no mention of it and bricklink came up
dry. do tell, please. :)

again, great model. another fine model to pique my interest in L-gauge trains
modelling.

ace

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, Robin Werner writes:
Train fans,

Just completed construction on my new C44-9W (Dash-9) Diesel Engine. This
six wide MOC of a BNSF Engine was inspired by the February issue of Trains
Magazine with it story titled Blank Bullets. The Blank Bullets story
features many great picture of BNSF trains running freight cost to cost. I
even used the real road number seen on the second engine in the main
picture. Too bad the route isn’t working for the railroads, but anyway the
trains look great.

Oh, that is just lovely!  Too bad LEGO doesn't make dark green pieces
(yet!)...  The dark grey does capture the feel well, though.

One very minor 'nit':  You've got headlights on both ends of the locomotive.
I'd replace the ones in back with red.

Definitely worth a highlight!

JohnG, GMLTC