 Trains / 19130
Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:05:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Robin Werner writes:
Train fans,

Just completed construction on my new C44-9W (Dash-9) Diesel Engine. This
six wide MOC of a BNSF Engine was inspired by the February issue of Trains
Magazine with it story titled Blank Bullets. The Blank Bullets story
features many great picture of BNSF trains running freight cost to cost. I
even used the real road number seen on the second engine in the main
picture. Too bad the route isn?t working for the railroads, but anyway the
trains look great.

*snip*
Let me know what you think...

Robin W
GFLTC - www.gfltc.org

Robin, your model is an excellent rendition of the very same trains I watch in
the yard every time I'm visiting Temple, TX.  There's a recently restored Santa
Fe station there right next to a working and busy freight yard.  I _always_
grab a sandwich at lunch-hour and head down to the tracks to watch these
Dash-9s in action, wondering what it'd take to cast them in LEGO.

You've done it in six wide, nonetheless.  Nice work!
And thanks very much for sharing.
Ed