 Trains / 19141
Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:37:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ed McGlynn writes:
Robin, your model is an excellent rendition of the very same trains I watch in
the yard every time I'm visiting Temple, TX.  There's a recently restored Santa
Fe station there right next to a working and busy freight yard.  I _always_
grab a sandwich at lunch-hour and head down to the tracks to watch these
Dash-9s in action, wondering what it'd take to cast them in LEGO.

You've done it in six wide, nonetheless.  Nice work!
And thanks very much for sharing.
Ed

Thanks, I must be nice to see them in action... All I ever see around here
in St. Petersburg/Clearwater are old Geeps (GP38, etc) in faded CSX colors;(

Robin