 Trains / 18743 (-20)
  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) Only heard about a few Germans who did it in October, when this thread popped up. They all got wheels with at least 75% bad ones among them. As long as TLC (or the involved third party producer) has not done a design change back to the old (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

Are the drive wheels painted!? I thinks I may have to paint the Drive wheels for me 2-10-0 Decapod I'm starting... Looks awsome! I never thought of building a shrouded locomotive. Josh (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  LTrax v0.01, an LDraw-Compatible "Track Designer"

I'm proud to present a working (well, sort of) sketchy version of my latest creation, LTrax. In (URL) , you'll find the 108 kb zip file. It's a program inspired by Matthew Bates' Track Designer, but *much* less advanced. (I spent a couple of days (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) But what to do if you don't have a dremel or file? Anyone experience with sending the wheels back to LEGO Consumer Service for replacement? Don't forget that there are a lot of kids having train sets (especially with the Sinterklaas [December (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

(...) I don't expect any derailments, since the only track that is going through is straight (2 tracks, each 12 sections long). The tunnel on the "waterfall" side is a "dummy" for now. Anyway, the large black wall contains a section that can be (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

(...) I know... the model isn't nearly finished. The roofline looks too coarse, the flat spaces are too large, the front is too angular and the center part is raised too much. I still need to get more feel for some of the advanced techniques, such (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

Very, VERY nice! It rocks! (...) Your waterfall: these things tend to flow between rocks, not on top of them. And you could add sparkling water at the bottom and at the point the left flow bends to the right one. Some clear and trans-blue 1x1 plates (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

(...) ... Paul, nice work. I'm working on the first module for the NCLTC layout, and I'd love to know more about how you plan to move it, assemble it, and handle any on-site disasters like derailments inside the tunnels. First, is it two huge pieces (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Coming soon: LTrax, an LDraw-Compatible "Track Designer"

Hi! I'm almost done with a working beta of my latest program: LTrax. It's a program inspired by Track Designer by Matthew Bates, but *much* less advanced. The data files in LTrax are totally text based, and I have tried to make it modular. The (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  The Rock (for my large church)

I've almost finished the rock to put my church on. It has 2 train tunnels, and a monorail tunnel. "the Rock" features a viewing platform, a monorail loop and station, a waterfall and small lake, a power station, and losts of bare rock. Plants have (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

My latest train project is up on Brickshelf: (URL) is build after the 4-6-4 hudson shrouded steam engine ÿellowbelly". Only 4 have been made, but never went into service. The model is build in 8 wide, and is almost finished"... The undercarriage (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

(...) Ok, I think the basic design is now done, after the nose got shortened. I think your model still suffers under the lack of details. When the bogies will be there and the pantographs as well, the model will definitely look much better. Two more (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

(...) 8-wide yes. After Manfred's comments I reworked the nose section, quite pleased with it now. (URL) shows the current status, coming along quite nicely. Last big hurdle will be the bogies, and I might alter the sides a bit, the trans-white (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

are you trying for an 8-wide version? That's what the ldraw file looks like to me. Perhaps the front should also be 1x2 grill bricks, simlar to Manfred's suggestion for the blue section, with the outside pillars (1-wide) as they are now, around the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Six Wide Santa

(...) I give you the Six Wide Santa. (...) Clever, yes, but it's hard to be original in Lego: (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Six Wide Santa

(...) Good advice so far. (...) And here is where we differ. Flash introduces glare. If you can, use good lights, use a tripod and longer exposure times, etc, but avoid flashes. Some things flash makes better, some it makes worse. Conventional (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Six Wide Santa

(...) As for the lighting, make sure your camera is on close-up mode (the flower icon, instead of the tree). That should help with the colors. And use a flash. --Bill. (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail automation

(...) However I think when it comes to making monorails stop and go, it's often better to not use the switches that LEGO makes, but instead to just use sloped bricks to cause the same effect. An inverse sloped brick placed with the studs facing away (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

(...) I think unpowered would be a BIG mistake. All locomotives should come with a motor. (...) I don't see this as necessary. (...) I prefer regulator and track as separate pack, motor bundled with the locos. (...) Yes. But some locos should (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree writes: [snip] (...) Hello Jan-Albert, It seems to me that the noses of your model are much too long. Try making these only 3 studs deep (1 stud for the white section and 2 studs for the blue section). make the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact