 Trains / 17278
Re: Is 12v compatible with 9v???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:03:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh writes:
The quick answer to your question is yes, they are compatible.  They fit and
the wheels (non-electrical ones) anyway roll without any problems.  The
electrical pickup uis different for 12v and 9v so your 12v train would need
a new motor to work on 9v track.

More details are available from the Train Depot:
http://www.ngltc.org/train_depot/history.htm

Mike

Thanks for your help!

I know that Sonnich says that you can mix the track.  Well, nothing
personal, but I really do not like the looks of the 12V track.  9V looks
very realistic in my opinion.  So when you say that the non-electrical
wheels will roll without any problems, I assume the electrical ones will
fit/roll without a problem at all.  Do 12V trains have the same bases as 9V
trains (with the holes)?  Have you seen anyone convert a 12V train into a 9V
train?  Are the batteries/motors a lot different?  Do the batteries connect
to the base a lot differently?  Can I put a 9V battery/wheels into say, a 7740?

I apologize for any stupid questions! :-)

Brendan
Duck360198@aol.com