 Trains / 16673 (-20)
  Re: Who's cars are these?

Those are Tom Cook's passenger cars. Pretty spiffy. KL (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Johnny Thunder, Gold, US Cavalry, and Old Steamer #27!!

I was wandering through the Lego trains pages today, & came across the Johnny Thunder building challange, so here is my scene... (URL) Thunder was to deliver the gold to the US Cavalry, they met, here in the woods. Old Loco #27, a 2-4-0 steamer, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  More track count for train sets

(...) Ok, I got several helpful answers from some guys in the German cummunity and i have added the sets 150 to 159. Those are extremely confusing: 150, 151 and 155 have been released in two different versions (as I had known in the back of my head, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Track count for train sets

So far I have been asked several times, how much track comes with a certein train set. Now I have made up a table, that contains all train sets with track count. Take a look at it here: (URL) there are still some entries missing: I would appreciate (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working Signal Box and Signals

(...) Very neat! And I see no reason why these couldn't run over fairly long distances! And for your next project, some mechanical interlocking on that signal box would be *really* neat 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Micromotor Point Switcher (!)

(...) Or just have a separate controller for the siding 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Who's cars are these?

I really like these passenger cars - anyone know who built them? They are from Kevin Loch's coverage of the Manassas Railway Festival. (URL) suspect they are Kevin's, but I'm just curious. Bryan (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working Signal Box and Signals

I *like* it! True model railway wire in tube actuation. By strange coincidence, I ordered a pile of flex bits at the weekend. I think I'll have a go. The lighting doesn't show up very well, but the concept is magnificent. I think I'll have a go at (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Call for automated 9v train switches at Brickfest 2002

All, To an observer like myself, it seems the state-of-the-art of MOC automated 9v train switches has matured over the last 12-18 months. A lot of people have posted their ideas, pics, and in many cases instructions, on their version of automated 9v (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: New Interactive Game on LEGO.trains

(...) Hey! I'm a minifig! :) Steve (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.games, lugnet.trains)

  Working Signal Box and Signals

My first MOC, using flex parts to work a signal from a lever frame in the signal box, and lighting the red and green aspects with a lamp: (URL) to read the 'motorized switch' debate on lugnet.trains, perhaps this offers some other ideas, although I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Centralized control of remote switches

Our group, NALUG, is intending to automate the switches at our next layout. As this is our first forray into this field, we were hoping to pick other peoples brains. Have other clubs automated ALL their switches, or do you select the switches in the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding knife switch

Very nice Steve. Its simple and doesnt take up to much space. I am sure it could be easly hiddne in a new by building. Dave PS. Its nice to see you build something for a change. j/k ;) (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  sliding knife switch

Hi All, Here's a concept of a sliding knife switch (multipole). My original idea for this was to use this to energize the rails in a round house, thus guarenteeing never more then one hot. I think it might apply to a yard as well. The slide (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Corrugated Tank Car

OK, I think it every time James posts but finally I've got round to saying it WHY HASN'T HE BEEN HEADHUNTED BY LEGO YET !!?!!!?!!! Tim (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Corrugated Tank Car

(...) Great use of the part James. Its nice to see a whole car built out of the part instead of just a bumper. By the way that particular part comes in many colors. Some do have print on them but they mainly come in the small LEGO Racer sets. (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Micromotor Point Switcher (!)

(...) This would allow you to controll the power to the siding (forward, reverse or off) much like a real model railroder would do. (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Corrugated Tank Car

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GxCuu8.4L4@lugnet.com... (...) Very cool design. You can just see the inventory for this part on BrickLink evaporating. What was once a marginally useful part now becomes a part in demand in a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Corrugated Tank Car

(...) AWSOME idea, I'll HAVE to try that! IS that 8 wide!?!? Looks to be, sweet if it is! Josh (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Micromotor Point Switcher (!)

I've played with Rick's solution first hand and I think it is one of the most elegant solutions out there. Ricks' writeup doesn't give himself enough credit for his ingenious design. I especially like how the spear piece is fitted in the slot in the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact