 Trains / 16258 (-20)
  Re: big spoked wheels

Some 'smaller' spoked wheels were with set 7750 12V black steam loco with tender. They also came on their own. As with the 12V set you could use them with a motor in the tender. David (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v layout with opperating possibilities

(...) If you put the table lower, you can get a longer reach, especially if you scatter some strategic open spots (like road intersections) to put a hand onto for bracing. 30" is the maximum recommended in Model Railroading books. (...) Note that (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  big spoked wheels

A few questions... The big red spoked wheels you sometimes see in trainmodels, are they from set 396 (URL) ? Is it possible to use these wheels on 9V ? Which other sets contain those wheels? Thanks, Saskia (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v layout with opperating possibilities

(...) ... I'd love to be able to reach four feet. That means that from one outstretched fingertip to the other, I'd have a span of nearly 10'! That would be great at basketball, as well as playing the piano (or two). Seriously, my tables are 4' deep (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO(R) Caboose(?) from 1978 set 164

It's amazing how similar it is to 10014 the new caboose! David (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v layout with opperating possibilities

I find 8' is the maximum width of a layout, as you can only reach in by 4', but then there is mainly town in the centre of the layout. Also I like to have several trains running at once, it's nice to sit back and watch them. You can only have two or (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  12v layout with opperating possibilities

As I'm starting to be moved into my apartment, I've started to think about what to do for a train layout. I could put a 12'x12' layout in the garage. Here's a possibility: (URL) baseplates mark the boundaries of the table, including the access pit (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help me locate a Brickshelf gallery

(...) That is it exactly. Guess I should have searched for "santa fe" as that would have given the results I wanted. Thank you, Pierre. Now I can borrow a few ideas from these gallery pictures. __Kevin Salm__ (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: British Rail InterCity 125-ish

(...) No doubt! Looks futuristic. (...) Good use. I love seeing models with working lights. Thanks for bringing your "Lightning Bug" to attention. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: British Rail InterCity 125-ish

I put two of the yellow noses to good use. My "Lightning Bug" is super-fast, and a popular favorite at PNLTC shows. I even managed to get it lit in both the front and back, and since it travels at full speed, the lights are always nice and bright. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help me locate a Brickshelf gallery

Hi Kevin, I think this is what you're looking for: (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Help me locate a Brickshelf gallery

About 2 weeks ago I stumbled across a Brickshelf gallery (a Recent upload) that featured custom coaches for the 10020 Super Chief. I was not at home to bookmark it and did not email myself the link--it should be easy to find again, I reasoned. Well, (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electronic Control unit for train in 1969

(...) working, at rtlToronto Train3 back in January. Pictured here: (URL) wistle that activates it is very high pitched. Hurts the ears. But a really neet design for early train control. Derek (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Sucking Rod Pump

Hello All, I needed to add some animation to my part of the layout and this is what I came up with: (URL) . Has anyone else built one of these? I'm looking for a better way to make the tripod. Any suggestions would be appeciated. Regards, Robert (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: British Rail InterCity 125-ish

(...) Ben: Here is another option for the styling of the rounded underside of the IC 125. I also changed the windows to a lower aspect ratio. (URL) am planning to try the 4.5v/12v style train wheels, as you suggested. And, since I doubt I'll ever be (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: British Rail InterCity 125-ish

(...) I haven't tried adapting the APT nose to this IC 125. I am trying to find a use for the 4559 nose elements-- not that I can actually build this IC 125 in real-bricks, for I know of no source for the 1x4x1.3 rounded bricks in light gray, blue, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail track designer, does it exist??

  Re: Monorail track designer, does it exist??

(...) Cool, many thanks. Guess besides dusting of my monorail track, I'll have to dust of my old PC (or is there a version that runs on Mac?). Thnaks again Paul (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail track designer, does it exist??

Hi, track designer supports monorail layouts. If you don't already have it, you can get it here: (URL) (look for it in the menu on the left) Martin ----- Original Message ----- From: "BrickBuy" <brickbuy@comcast.net> To: <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com> (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Monorail track designer, does it exist??

Having rediscovered my monorail tracks, I was wondering if there is a track designer specifically for monorail? I will move soon into my new house with an (almost) all Lego basement, now would be thebest time to design the big table for my train and (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact