 Trains / 16141
    RE: Repairing 12v train motor —Laurent Gerard
   Hello Jan-Albert, I have also 3 engines 12V that are OUT, I also have noticed simmillar problem as you have about the gear on axle that is being damaged by the friction. This is the weakest link in the power transmission chain. I think that the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Repairing 12v train motor —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   (...) I think that would overstep easily the worth of the whole 7865 motor... Maybe you are lucky and the motor has been used for long time in only 1 direction? If so, it might have wear on only one side of the gearwheels teeth'. At least I do own (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Repairing 12v train motor —Jan-Albert van Ree
   (...) Not for me at least... If anybody knows exact specs of the gear and could find a way to replace them I'd happily run a few dozen... all I need to pay for is used material and a few free weekends, which is a good deal IMHO :) (BTW I noticed (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Repairing 12v train motor —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I have a MIB service pack 12v motor, never opened, that I'd sacrifice to the cause of getting good spares made up. Presumably the parts in it once the cover was ripped off, would be as dimensionally accurate as one could hope for short of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Repairing 12v train motor —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   (...) those?) Dear Larry, I have no idea, what kind of Motor you have, but Albert was talking about the 7865 motor from 740. That has no screws to open it. Breaking the glued housing up is quite difficult and glueing it afterwards is a even more (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)