 Trains / 15371
Re: No big Deal: B-Unit for 10020 Super Chief
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 00:55:23 GMT

"Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> writes:
Hi all!

I think I cannot be the first one to have built it, but the amout of
postings made me giving up - usually I read everything at lugnet
trains but the amout of postings during the last week was too much
for my free time ...

Anyway: maybe you like to check out my trial on a B-unit for the set
10020: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=12602

I'm not even sure if this might be called "MOC", since it is not
much more than a mirrored back part of the 10020 set.

Interesting ... At BricksWest, Brad Justus said several times that
B-units should have three round windows on each side.  Yours has two,
but it's faithful to the Lionel model you were basing it on.  I wonder
if the Lionel kit or Brad was wrong?  Or perhaps there were different
versions over the years?

Also, does the real A unit have a door in the nose?  Of course there's
no way to do that in a 6-wide model and have the shape remotely
correct...

--Bill.