 Trains / 15372
15371  |  15373
Subject:
B-Unit Service Pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:11:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, William R. Ward writes:
"Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> writes:
Hi all!

I think I cannot be the first one to have built it, but the amout of
postings made me giving up - usually I read everything at lugnet
trains but the amout of postings during the last week was too much
for my free time ...

Anyway: maybe you like to check out my trial on a B-unit for the set
10020: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=12602

I'm not even sure if this might be called "MOC", since it is not
much more than a mirrored back part of the 10020 set.

Interesting ... At BricksWest, Brad Justus said several times that
B-units should have three round windows on each side.  Yours has two,
but it's faithful to the Lionel model you were basing it on.  I wonder
if the Lionel kit or Brad was wrong?  Or perhaps there were different
versions over the years?

   I'm wondering about the supposed B-unit service pack.  It seems like it
   would have a lot of parts I'd like, personally.  Has anything more explicit
   come out on this, besides what's in Ahui's transcripts?  The possibilities
   that surround having functional portholes are staggering for me, so I'm
   almost rabid in my zeal for more information.

   Sorry if this has come up before, but as with others, the sheer volume
   of postings has made it downright impossible to comb through it all,
   even with the keyword search!

   best

   LFB