 Trains / 14793 (-10)
  Re: Point Motor Instructions

(...) Another neat one - mine looks pretty similar, though I use a belt drive. Those white gears are a bit hard to come by, and I don't have any of those steering plates with a built-in rack either. Still, using a steering bar and a 1x4 rack only (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock

(...) 8 Studs between wheel blocks. This is the answer I was looking for. I am well stocked with Bogie plates, but I have seen many good-looking (cute) short waggons of about 16 studs in total length. I thought I might try building some short wagons (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Longest train, eh? (was: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock)

(...) Ya, for those wossies who use more than 1 motor, it is needed. For those of us who restrain ourselves to a single motor, one controller is fine :) (...) I'd agree. At 90+ cars, the only way with a single motor was to "pick up" (or, in (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Announces Show Date for Feb 2,3 in St. Paul, MN

I have posted the setup pictures from tonight to our website. (URL) if you are interested, my model builder pictures were finally taken off (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine Identity Problem

Hello Kai, The Amtrak site shows a EMD F59PHI and GO site shows a EMD F59PH. According to my Field Guide to Trains, both are essentially GP59's wit different body work. Both are the same length @ 59' 2" but the F59PHI has 3200 horse power compared (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Engine Identity Problem

Hello All, Over the past couple of months I have been researching several train models that I plan on, eventually, making into LEGO models. I have come across a very odd problem. It seems that there are two types of engines under the F59PH model (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock

(...) If the question is what is the longest wagon which can circumnavigate a closed loop of track without derailing, the answer is probably at least 100 studs. Such a wagon can only navigate a circle of track. See this picture: (URL) an idea... (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Waggon in 7-wide / plus combine harvester

(...) Ben, These new 7-wides are really nice. Love that tanker car; especially the way it is attached at the base and folds up to the top of the tank. Ellegant and thin. Thanks for the reminder to look at the contest site. Wow! Nice pieces of work (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Waggon in 7-wide / plus combine harvester /seven wide mania continues

(...) I just love that new tank-car. What type of parts have you used for the tank? Wheel-hubs from large technic wheels I guess but there are something else at the ends and in the middle. Thanks for the very good self-explaining pictures of the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Longest train, eh? (was: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock)

(...) cars being pulled along a track. The accompanying text states: "Later a second world record was reached, when the train was prolonged by 18 further yellow tipper waggons. This was definitely the longest pulled Lego®-train ever, maybe even the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact