 Trains / 14788
14787  |  14789
Subject:
Engine Identity Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 02:22:08 GMT

Hello All,
Over the past couple of months I have been researching several train models
that I plan on, eventually, making into LEGO models.  I have come across a
very odd problem.
It seems that there are two types of engines under the F59PH model name, but
ofcourse that is not possible.  I was wondering if any train heads here
could help me out.

Take a look at the evidence:

The Amtrak Photo Archive has label the F59PH as the engine that is used by
Amtrak Califonia and such:
http://198.30.209.3/amtrak/amtF59.html

While a different site labels the F59PH as the engine used by GO Transit:
http://railwayop.tripod.ca/GOTransit/f59phdetail.htm

Both are clearly different, unless all this snow in Michigan is distorting
my sense of judgement.

It may also be possible that GO transit uses the F40PH.  But unfortunately I
have not found a picture that shows a F40PH with the front rail and stantion
that the GO Transit engines use, nor does the F40PH have the battery access
door that the GO trains have on the front nose.

Confused,
Kai