 Trains / 14778
Re: Point Motor Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:34:50 GMT

Jason J. Railton wrote in message ...
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
Hi folks,
I still occasionally get requests for information on my old automatic • point
motor.  Well, I've long since moved to a more compact and reliable model, • and
after the rtlToronto Train3 show last weekend, I've decided to post the
instructions for the new model.

Jeff, that's pretty cool.  I like the idea of having it cycling, so you
don't risk damaging the point or the motor.

You can also prevent this by using one of those white Technic 'Tooth Clutch'
/ reduction gears as I did here:
http://www.wez.myweb.nl/points1.htm. I realise that this setup needs some
perfectioning (anyone? feel free to!), but using this type of gear does
protect your point and/or motor.

Wessel

I will get around to DATting one of mine, eventually - though it doesn't
make such a cute little shack.

Jason J Railton