 Trains / 14730
Re: Point Motor Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 19:08:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:

What does the lever engage?  How easy is it to tell when the turnout is
at the right location?

The hole at the end of the lever attaches to the top of the standard-issue
yellow point lever.  The + shaped hole in the baseplates will seat over the
lever housing in an obvious way.

I usually listen for my points to click, but you might want to set up a flag
arrangement if you can't easily observe the points.

I can see the value of building at least a couple of these for our show
layout. Our layout had one turnout which was basically impossible to
reach from the inside, and a couple other awkward ones, which resulted
in switching trains in and out on the outer loop being a generally a two
person job (though one person standing outside could manage some games
just by operating that one difficult to reach turnout (which was easy to
reach from outside the layout).

Frank

Let me know how it turns out!

Jeff Elliott