 Trains / 14725
Re: Point Motor Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 00:14:55 GMT

Jeff Elliott wrote:

Hi folks,

I still occasionally get requests for information on my old automatic point
motor.  Well, I've long since moved to a more compact and reliable model, and
after the rtlToronto Train3 show last weekend, I've decided to post the
instructions for the new model.

This arrangement continuously cycles from one direction to the other - it's up
to the operator to stop the motor when the desired position is reached.

What does the lever engage?  How easy is it to tell when the turnout is
at the right location?

I can see the value of building at least a couple of these for our show
layout. Our layout had one turnout which was basically impossible to
reach from the inside, and a couple other awkward ones, which resulted
in switching trains in and out on the outer loop being a generally a two
person job (though one person standing outside could manage some games
just by operating that one difficult to reach turnout (which was easy to
reach from outside the layout).

Frank