 Trains / 14180
Re: Connecting 12V Transformer to Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:42:36 GMT

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Eric Voltin writes:

I have looked at much of the literature for the 12V trains and there appears
to be a special piece of center conductor track that I need.  Is this
correct?  If so, can anyone point me to a web site with detailed photos of
how this connection should be made?

I realize the descriptions above are somewhat hard to follow.  I can post
some photos to explain my current arrangement if anyone is interested.

Any advice would be appreciated.

There are 3 ways to connect the track with the transformer.

- in the blue era (1969 - 1979) there was a special cable with an 2x4 plate
that fitted under the electric midle track part.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/706

I think those will work with the grey track also.

- in the beginning of the the grey era the transfomer came with the 4-plugs
cable and each center conductor has had holes to put 2 plugs in.

- in the late grey era (from 7735/45 on?) the trains sets came with a conductor
track piece, that had a cable fixed to its bottom (only available as curved
track). At the end of the cable there was a wide plug, wich fitted into the
7864 contacts. (All the conductors from that time on had no holes any longer).

I think my 7735 came with conductors with the pin holes, but it did come
with a special curved conductor piece with an extra block on the bottom
very much like the 5063 power supply rail. Perhaps there was an
intermediate stage. I do know that most of my grey conductor rails do
have the pin holes, though I have recently received some without.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com