 Trains / 14181
14180  |  14182
Subject:
FYI BricksWest Train Session Descriptions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 19:20:32 GMT

Train Building Techniques -
Very briefly we'll review the "standard" construction techniques. Some SNOT
design reviews. Motif and striping techniques - decals and color tape.
Examine steam engines: driver wheel alternatives, piston rod linkages, and
articulation techniques. Animated trains - Shay, snow blowers,...

Integrating LEGO Mindstorms With Your Train Layout -
Spinning eye-candy, animated scenes, user interactivity, train control,
signals and crossing gates, custom sensors for trains, motor pulsing.

Anatomy of a LEGO Train Show - from layout design to tear down -
Discussion of layout concepts, module sizes, legs, layout aesthetics, crowd
control, mainline vs. local loops, switching live, audience participation,
play areas, static display areas.