 Trains / 14188
Re: FYI BricksWest Train Session Descriptions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 00:56:22 GMT

steve barile wrote:

Train Building Techniques -
Very briefly we'll review the "standard" construction techniques. Some SNOT
design reviews. Motif and striping techniques - decals and color tape.
Examine steam engines: driver wheel alternatives, piston rod linkages, and
articulation techniques. Animated trains - Shay, snow blowers,...

Integrating LEGO Mindstorms With Your Train Layout -
Spinning eye-candy, animated scenes, user interactivity, train control,
signals and crossing gates, custom sensors for trains, motor pulsing.

Anatomy of a LEGO Train Show - from layout design to tear down -
Discussion of layout concepts, module sizes, legs, layout aesthetics, crowd
control, mainline vs. local loops, switching live, audience participation,
play areas, static display areas.

Hmm, would there be interest in a presentation or display of the various
eras of LEGO trains? I have stuff from all but the earliest era, and
perhaps someone else could fill that in.

Frank