 Trains / 13685
  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) My solution was to add a resistor over them (picture later). Yes the lowest is 2.9V. By adding a resistor over them all makes i affect the higher settings more than the lower ones. This is right for less that 2.9V is not enough for the motor (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) Well, I want to modify mine to output a constant 9V for powering technic motor gadgets (e.g. point motors). I've just got some polarity switches, and I want to fit them on my controller. I've been advised to wire up my own 9V regulator with a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) I use the standard, unmodified, train controller for technic. Just have it at max power and you have 9 volts. Dean (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) And you also have trains all over the floor, if you happen to have just the one controller. Thank you, but I'll take it under advisement :-) The point is that you take off a steady 9V and feed it into a bank of polarity switches. These then (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) Sigh, I meant use a SECOND 9 volt Regulator, NOT the same one your controlling the trains with. Geez... (...) Two controllers works just fine. (...) If you mean do I crash trains all the time, sadly yes, but it's not my fault! Dean (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) If you're into trains you have these controllers coming out of your ears. If you're not, post in market.buy-sell-trade and you can get one for about 1/2 the LEGO price. May or may not be competitive with homebrew. But I don't see homebrew (...) (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) Turned out pretty simple in the end, and a lot cheaper than a second-hand controller. I had to make do with 8V, as it was the only regulator I could get. But, it takes power from inside the standard controller, so only steps down from 15V to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) If you're not devoting at least 100 ft**2 to your layout, your priorities are wrong. :-) Who needs sleeping space or a dining room anyway? I've been to the UK, don't try to shine me on... it's not THAT small. I saw Huw's layout at the fest at (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) I know. I was there too. You bought me a bag of chips and they mucked up the order, remember? You may even have quaffed some of my Belgian cherry beer. Huw's got a great layout. Unfortunately I don't have a spare room in the flat I can devote (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) You're just whinging. Get a bigger flat. Or get rid of the bed. Priorities, man... priorities! OK, I will stop now. But I WILL say this, I had LEGO in EVERY ROOM of my temporary apartment in Detroit. (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)