 Trains / 13618
    Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car —Derek Raycraft
   (...) Agreed, looking good. One minor error that I can point out is the doors on the GO Train cars are on the lower level just inside the trucks, and not on the ends above the trucks. I've been working on a "GO" like train for a while. I call it a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car —Kai Brodersen
     (...) Yes, indeed. The reason I put them up on the sides was that they looked to goofy 6 studs away from each other. If I had a longer wagon (which I plan to make in the future) I will incorperate that into the design. (...) If I ever get a chance (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car —Steve Barile
     I collected some images of bilevel trains at: (URL) GO looks like the same as manufacturer as the San Diego Coaster, Seattle Sounder and the Miami Tri-Rail (as Larry said). The Coaster and Sounder have a great paint job. Unfortunately there are no (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car —Tony Hafner
      (...) It's a shame that I didn't have more time when we were down in Carlsbad. There is a yard immediately next to I-5 between our campsite and Legoland where various Coaster cars and locs were always parked. I really wanted to pull over and get (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car —Steve Barile
      Yep, oops, no wonder I sited it here, my minds playing tricks on me again. SteveB ...that there is a bilevel car in there. (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car —James Powell
       (...) Actually, they do share a manufacturer, but the GO cars came first (Hawker Siddley (?)/UTDC was the first maker, I think Bombardier now make them). Other places where they are used include "West Coast Rail" out of Vancouver-no, I don't have (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car —Christopher Masi
     (...) Wow, that is a nice color scheme. I really like the color on the engine. I wonder if the cars would look better if the blue between the doors went down as low as the doors. (instead of bumping up and down around the doors. Chris (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Tony's passenger train (was: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car) —Tony Hafner
     (...) Thank you very much- I'm really happy with this train. I did try running the blue all the way across between the doors, but I like this arrangement better. Mileage may vary, of course. I had actually intended to stripe the doors white on the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car —Tony Hafner
   (...) I poked around the directory a little more and was also very impressed with the monorail built on 4.5 blue tracks- I've been toying with this concept for a while, though I haven't actually attempted anything. Whoever executed it did a very (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car —Derek Raycraft
   (...) Thanks, I'm currently working on making them look less boxie and more rounded like the real cars. I'm also trying to talk the others in the group into modifying the corners on our layout so this train can actually run around the track. :-) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car —Tony Hafner
   (...) Hm, yes. From the pic, it looks like they're 50 studs long by 8 studs wide. I've got a passenger train with cars ranging from 42 to 50 studs long and I've had surprisingly good luck running it. At LLCA a couple of months back, it was able to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)