 Trains / 13405
Re: small annoucement in the name of René Hoffmeister
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:46:12 GMT

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote...
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
My friend Rene (the mastermind behind the www.1000steine.de) has some • trouble
to post here in Lugnet, so he begged me to do it in his name.

That ought to be fixed, I love hearing from Rene! Have the admins been
contacted?

I have no idea, what kind of trouble he has. Maybe he is just not at his
usual posting-PC with the lugnet-member-ID...

But Rene will love to hear that somebody likes to read his postings. ;-))
After he has caused some little flame wars here in lugnet from time to • time
(concerning the legends and the general policy of TLC against it's • consumers),
he really thought, everybody in the US had to hate him now. I myself have
started a similar discussion on the 10001 here a few days after Rene had • done
it in lugnet castle, because of the first legend 10000.

But I'm posting so much - one hot discussion in which I'm standing "on the
wrong side" does not count too much. But Rene has had such trouble in at • least
50% of his lugnet postings. But he is really a big fan of Lego and he is • one of
the most helpful co-AFOLs I know.

I strongly believe that most people here are intelligent enough to separate
opinions by facts, and not to blame persons only because they think they are
"on the wrong side". René IS a great AFOL. He's doing a impressive work with
www.1000steine.de, and he is so helpful as to accept to translate part of
the site in Italian and to give Italian AFOLS the opportunity to order stuff
to Lego Direct through him (LD is not yet active for Italy :-( ).
Thanks René, we appreciate it a lot.

Fortunately, we are all free to express opinions here about 6wide vs. 8-wide
trains, or about "legends", without that those opinions affect the respect
that we have one of the other. I'm sure that this applies to the most of us.

Mario