 Trains / 13406
Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:42:31 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Frank Filz writes:
all in all, I like the set. The coach is somewhat oddly built, and
doesn't include real doors or glass, but looks decent all the same. The
locomotive is pretty nice, though from a trainhead's perspective, the
stuff inside the boiler is pretty bizarre (I don't recall anything like
that from the book, is this some bizarre thing they've added for the
movie?). The mechanism also doesn't really seem to work, at least not if
it's supposed to toss the chest up in the air.

Frank

I built the train 3 days ago and I was pretty puzzled about the whole internal
spring thing as well.  I tried and tried and I couldn't get it to eject the
treasure chest either.  I was also wondering why they put hinges along the
entire side of the boiler.  I know its so that the whole thing opens up, but
why would you want to open it?  I can't picture them hiding chests inside of a
train boiler in the movie, and it certainly didn't happen in the books.  Must
be a "value added feature."  :-)

Katie