 Trains / 13244
Re: A new GP30
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 18:03:53 GMT

Christopher Tracey wrote:

Chris,
  Excellent work!  Are you sure we don't share part of the same brain ;)
I have a mockup of a gp30 cab that is suprising close to yours.  Those
round top bricks practicaly scream GP30 (at least to me).  Secondly,
I've been trying to use crown gears and wheel hubs in an engine for a
few months now.  I'm using the model team wheel hub (
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/7/2695.gif )in black for the housings.  You can
fit these in a five wide back by sitting the narrow end within some
thinwalls.  The really neat thing is that you can motorize the fans this
way.

I'm using them on my version of an sd-40-2 That I am graciously
borrowing ideas from you on.

The fuel tank looks great!  Where are you getting all the yellow finger
hinge arms from?  I could use about 30 of them for a project.

-chris

Christopher Masi wrote:

After four sittings I have almost finished my GP30. I am happy with the model;
so, I decided to post some pictures before it is completely done.

[snip]

Chris,

  Whoops, part of my reply to you was included in my reply to Josh. The crown
gear wheel hub combo is a very attractive prospect, and I continue to wonder
about it.
  The yellow finger hinge arms are from my 4563. I used up my entire supply.
Good luck finding 30! The hardest part about finding those pieces is that no one
seems to use the same name for them!

Chris

PS I forgot... it was really 6 sittings. I complete scrapped the work from the
first two sessions, but they still count as time spent on this model.

--
See some of my LEGO creations at
http://homepage.mac.com/cjmasi/~lego/lego.htm