 Trains / 13065
Re: more GMLTC 'teaser' pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:55:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
I just uploaded a couple more pictures of our 'town' sections.

Our completed train station:
A close-up of the clock tower, using official LEGO watches:

Excellent embed job! That looks like a real clocktower all right. No more of
this 10:21 (or 12:01) time that we're always stuck at! Do you have black
watch face rings, though? The blue kind of jars with the very nice tan and
brown color scheme of the station. How did you hold those in there, with
good old arches? Some piece inversion going on or is there a tan inverse arch?

Those are the 1x6x2 tall arches from the Star Wars Podracer bucket.  Tan
tiles allow the bottom one to be inverted without too much difficulty.
There is one plate between them, so the height is just a bit too tall.  I
put a black wall behind the watches, so it doesn't show too much.  We'll
probably put a dab of double-faced tape behind the watches to hold them in
place, although they stay in there pretty good just the way they are.

I tried to find a more 'dignified' looking LEGO watch, but most of the dark
colored ones just didn't do it for me.  The blue ones are easy to read, and
certainly 'look LEGO'!

Now, we just need to remember to check the clock tower whenever someone asks
what time it is...  <grin>

<><
One other comment, is that a baby bouncer in the background of 65079 ?

Yep - that is NOT built out of LEGO...  ;-)  Cael was helping Conan build!

JohnG, GMLTC