 Trains / 13081
Re: more GMLTC 'teaser' pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:14:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Buiting writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
I just uploaded a couple more pictures of our 'town' sections.

Finally, another 'downtown' shot, showing a few more of our completed and
in-progress buildings:

The tall building in the back, does it use the 'sand-red' bricks? I have
been wondering what they looked like, the shop.lego.com pictures look too
pink for my taste but in that building it looks great! Is there a set that
uses that colour or is it all bulk packs?

-Frank

Yep, it's the 'sand red' bricks, with grey and black highlights.  (highdarks?)

Ricky used a bunch of the bulk packs that I bought - before I even had a
chance to use them!  <pout>  I think I'll ask him "how are you going to get
my bricks out of your building?" - just to see what he says!

It's a great color - it works very well with the 'earth tone' bricks.  Tan,
grey, dark grey, black - all look great against the sand red.  I think the
color leans a tiny bit towards purple, but it really depends what color
you're comparing it with.  I'll take a few more pictures tonight, and post
them sometime this weekend - maybe I can get a comparison picture with a
bunch of different colored bricks so people can see the color better.
You're right - the picture in the catalog is more pink than the bricks are...

JohnG, GMLTC