 Trains / 13062
Re: more GMLTC 'teaser' pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 04:33:01 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
I just uploaded a couple more pictures of our 'town' sections.

Our completed train station:
A close-up of the clock tower, using official LEGO watches:

Excellent embed job! That looks like a real clocktower all right. No more of
this 10:21 (or 12:01) time that we're always stuck at! Do you have black
watch face rings, though? The blue kind of jars with the very nice tan and
brown color scheme of the station. How did you hold those in there, with
good old arches? Some piece inversion going on or is there a tan inverse arch?

Finally, another 'downtown' shot, showing a few more of our completed and
in-progress buildings:

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome!

I will admit I had some concerns that with the switch to 8 wide the
buildings would start to be outmassed by the rolling stock but those
buildings look pretty beefy. I LOVE that block with the tan industry (with
awning) the art deco curved arches face building and the red brownstone.
Very nice. Yet the buildings aren't TOO big, they don't dominate the whole
module.

Also... It is refreshing to see a club that's willing to share what it has
done even if it's a bit unstructured, rather than stressing out about
getting things just so before revealing anything. Reduces that old sense of
elitism. (MichLUG has that down pat, we air everything, including dirty laundry)

And no, I don't know why Abner seems to appear in all our teaser pictures!
<grin>

Um, because he's trying to dispell the vicious and untrue rumor that he
never builds anything? (maybe J2 should try that too??)

JohnG, GMLTC

One other comment, is that a baby bouncer in the background of 65079 ?