 Trains / 13064
Re: Station work-in-progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:49:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Buiting writes:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Unfortunately I can't make it to the meeting in october, I'll be in Portugal
then. It seems the week was a bad choice since I also miss the Euro-meeting
in Zwolle and Spiel in Essen :-(

:-((
Do you have plans for the x-mas meeting? This year not in Braunschweig, but
near Frankfurt. I myself am not sure if I have the time to attend.
And again:   :-(

I plan to make the top part symmetrical. The left tower floor will host a
restaurant and the extended front is intended to look like something which
was added later when the station was already in full use.

That would make sence, but I still think, you would see a diference in style.
Brown palisade bricks from legoredo would look much too dark, but these
palisade bricks are available in white: maybe that would be a better choice?

Another suggestion: if you want to use the grey walls, try to add bigger
windows in another style, change the window sill design also. Maybe you
could use the 60ies 1x6x3 or the 80ies 1x4x5 windows?
(only my personnal ideas to make it more evident that this part of the
station was added later in the building process.)

I'm pleased with
the way the different tower floors and the roof connected to it worked out :-)

Leg Godt!

Ben